Saturday 12 December 2015

Baby Version Chawanmushi

OK, it's just steamed egg yolk custard actually, nothing fancy. Haha.

I started giving Baby V fruits and vegetable puree since she was 6 months old. She is not a big fan of purees and hardly takes porridge or oats (like a tablespoon every serving? Sobs). On good days, she'll munch away one or two broccoli "tree" and that's it.

So, I trial and error in search of food that she actually wants to eat. Once she hit 8 months old, I gave her egg yolk to see whether she likes it or not, and hence, the baby version chawanmushi. Surprisingly, she still loves her steamed egg yolk custard after her mummy serves it many times. Yeay! So I figure maybe this recipe is worth sharing and perhaps your little ones will love it too!

CAUTION: I used only the yolk for this recipe because my tiny human is only 8 months old. Egg white is one of the allergy triggering food which should be introduced much later. Please consult your doctor if you are concerned whether your baby should take any eggs at all.

Ingredients:
1 egg yolk
4 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chopped carrot

Method:
Stir the ingredients together and steam for 5 minutes. I am a lazy mummy so I just put it on the surface of the rice when I cook for the family and the rice cooker will do the job. No need to wash extra pot for steaming. *grin* In fact, you can use this method to steam any tiny human food like veggies and fish fillets. Since the portion is small, the food is easily cooked from the steam of the cooking rice. 


OK, this is not the best looking chawanmushi but at least my tiny human approves of it. Haha. This is a very versatile recipe. You can replace carrot with any other ingredients of your choice, be it chopped green leafy veggies or minced chicken. Happy cooking! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment